LT | EN | RU 

IGU History

1865 – was granted the first patent for the manufacture of insulating glass units.

1934 – was started a production in Germany of glass units brand CUDO. Double glazing CUDO were designed for glazing the windows of railway carriages.

1938 - branded Thermopane windows appeared on the market, consisting of glass and lead as the spacer frame, soldered together on a path. Production of glass units was first utilized in the United States.

1950 - the windows were manufactured with rubber seals. They use aluminum hollow rod filled and compacted Drainage means polysulfide sealant Thiokol.

1970 is the year of the birth of modern insulated glass units with a double seal. Today this technology produces 90% of all glass units.